Sunday, April 18, 2010

trying too hard

Just cut the shit and take the glasses off, okay?

Montreal is a pretty trendy place. Lots of hipster beards and half-head buzzcuts and ironic t-shirts. And that's fine. Whatever. But one of the things that kills me and that screams 'trying too hard' are all these pretty girls walking around with ludicrously large glasses. I don't get it. The glasses look stupid and they make the girls look stupid and they're not sexy. When I see a girl walking around with these magnifying glasses on her face, I take a step away because I think she has conjunctivitis or something. Or it makes her look like she has a learning disability. Can we have a vote or something and get rid of these things? How can American Apparel sell these things to people? I'm convinced, people would start hanging tampons from their ears if American Apparel said it was cool. Maybe I shouldn't complain about the glasses. Maybe they exist to allow us to immediately weed out people who think for themselves.

Note:
At work, I get all these requests over the day to do things or go back and fix little mistakes that I've made. Some of the people are polite when they ask me to do things, but others I think are just pricks. Or at least they come off that way to me. Maybe they're not pricks, but they're certainly not tactful. All they do is write an abrupt command and stick a smiley-face emoticon at the end, like that's supposed to automatically put the request in a pleasant context. It doesn't though. It's just lazy. And I find it kind of demeaning. But I suppose that's what passes for tactful in 2010;-)

2 comments:

Prince Nikka said...

OK Dear
This blog shows the many new brand.These brand like everyone.So i like very much.....................
Kids Party Calgary

Anonymous said...

Don't make mistakes, problem solved. :)