Sunday, June 6, 2010

Too-Fun-O

Got back from Mindy and Ms. Mindy's wedding earlier this week and after crashing for 13 hours in bed, fully clothed, last night, I feel I'm finally back to life.

First, congrats to the bride and groom for a wicked wedding, although we all knew it would be. I can't recall seeing a more chilled wedding couple and, although it was the first wedding I was involved in as a wedding party member, the entire thing was cool and relaxed and, overall awesome.

A few impressions:

-Tofino is so chill that the people who live and work there ask you what day of the week it is.

-Driving through the island, you cruise through a national park where the trees are so big you feel that you've magically been reduced in size Alice in Wonderland style, and you're driving a miniature car through a magically massive rainforest. It's like that one Mario Bros. 3 level where everything is super big. It's jarring, especially when you haven't slept very much.

-Props to Vancouver International Airport. I put a lot of importance into what kind of toilet paper an organization, location or company gives its patrons. It tells me how cheap they are, how concerned they are for their users comfort and how conscientious they are. YVR had some really nice 2-ply, which really is quite unique to airports. Two thumbs up!

-I never thought I would ever surf. I never thought I would enjoy surfing. I never thought I would fall in love with surfing. Regardless of the surf-degree burns I got all over my body (including nipple scarring, skin-on-hand depletion, behind-my-knee rash and a scar on my neck so thorough and deep that it looked like I had tried to off myself) I couldn't wait to get back into the ocean to try to ride waves and stand up on my board. I'm not sure you could exactly call what I did surfing, but it sure was a good time. I can't think of a better hangover cure, as well. I even puked once into the Pacific Ocean on a 6-hour surf day Friday (since I'd only had a gigantic coffee on a massive hangover) which my sister tells me is a surfing rite of passage.

Can't really recall much else at the moment that would be of interest, other than it was a helluva time. I wish Mindy and Ms. Mindy all the best and I'm surer than anything that that is what lies ahead for those two.

So I'll leave you know with the song of the weekend and one of the hundred-or-so songs that set the dancefloor on fire in Tofino last weekend.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Soo much fun man!! Miss it.

Oil Can Boyd said...

I'm afraid I don't know who this is...
I believe I have two friends who go by the name Mindy now...