Friday, July 23, 2010

Why Hip Hop sucks in 2010?

Because it isn't this...


(I just hit 27 last week, so I'm old and entitled to feel a little salty.)

At work, the one and only Chocolate T Money and myself were talking about why we barely listened to hip-hop anymore. After a few minutes of pretendedly-unmonitored-by-supervisors conversation, we came to the conclusion that it sucks right now because it's all geared toward 14-year-0ld girls. We're probably just bitter dudes who are getting older, but seriously, can you tell me anything L'il Wayne or Drake could ever come close to this...


or this...


or this...











2 comments:

Jung said...

Beauty lineup. Lotta good University memories lurking in those jams


"... I snatch the kick, kick the snare and sodomize the bassline"

Pharoahe is def one of the most underappreciated ever

Oil Can Boyd said...

I should have qualified it all with a nod to the Jungian one for putting me onto a lot of this.