Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A whole lot out of nothing


The Can is a happy man.

Stepping into the downstairs lobby of my building, I heard some bass booming and high-pitched hollering.  As I walked up the stairs and toward my apartment, the sound got louder and when I opened the door, there was Oil Can, finally out of the tent, rocking to the Seinfeld beat? 
I said, huh...

"This kid is hawt, baby!"
Oil Can kept repeating and snapping his fingers.
"Day-yum..."

I said, "That's the Seinfeld theme!"

"What the fuck is a Seinfeld?"

I put my bag down and I had me a little listen, and I agree...
"day-yum, indeed."
Since this internet connection is slow at best, I was only able to catch a couple tracks off the mixtape on youtube.
What this dude Wale from D.C. did was he ran with this Seinfeld concept, where he used the characters and their quarks to flow through a bunch of different, interesting and important issues... (Check out The Kramer to see what I mean - listen to it the whole way through - shit almost makes you feel squeamish at times, but it's because he's so right).
He is most certainly on point.
I'm watching the download bar, meter thing snail along, so I'll set up a link or two of Wale's "mixtape tape about nothing."


This is going to accompany the marathon Nintendo sessions and deadline stressing this week...

And it's good to see Oil Can smile again... like he is choosing to ignore the giant chunks of sea ice crashing into the shore of the chilly city and the airport being closed due to low hanging, nasty grey clouds...
I owe you one, Wale

Herbiberous

No comments: