Monday, November 16, 2009

awesome band name #3,861

Sometimes things get lost in translation, but sometimes they just get funnier.

I know, I know. It's supposed to be rapé. Still...

Anyways, file that one under the wicked band name category. Don't tell me you wouldn't buy a ticket to see Parmesan Rape.

Note:
For the record, my favorite French words are:

5. Ecureuil (squirrel)
4. Beouf (beef)
3. Pamplemousse (grapefruit)
2. Pneu (tire)

...and drumroll please....

1. Loup-garou (werewolf)

Honourable mention: chauve-souris (bat -- or bald mouse, translated literally), grenouille (frog), caoutchouc (rubber), Guy Lafleur (the flower guy?)

2 comments:

Red Sox Jon said...

Don't forget phoque (seal).

Oil Can Boyd said...

If this list was put together when I was 11, it would definitely be number one, although it was probably the first word I learned.

Remember figuring that out in French class and then dropping it every thirty seconds, finding new and creative ways to talk about seals?