Thursday, June 25, 2009

mo traffic, mo erections?

Although recent tests have all but confirmed my brain viscosity is nearly mush, and I struggle to write a coherent statement, resulting in a friend recently commenting that I no longer sling lingo, but instead sling laziness, the old blogski is receiving more traffic than ever.

At first glance, this would appear curious. However, a little research into the phenomenon reinforces a belief I have had about this little internet contraption since day one:

We're all a bunch of perverts.

Way back when, I wrote a post about a Tim Horton's commercial, which I found to be inaccurate. The commercial in question portrayed the coffee and donuts chain (now owned by an American corporation I must add) as a Norman Rockwell-type Canadian hangout, staffed by old, folksy white ladies with local drawls and frequented by early morning hockey dads and frozen-cheeked kids after skates on ponds. Well, I'm sorry, but every single Tim Horton's I've been to is staffed almost exclusively by Filipinos and I found it odd that every person in those commercials was white. It made me wonder what exactly Tim Hortons was trying to do.

It led me off on a tangent about a completely different device used in commercials by companies in an attempt to show their seeming inclusiveness. They always include a token black or asian person into the gang or group. However, these ads never put First Nations or Inuit into the smiling circle of friends or happy workplaces, which has long been a beef of mine.

Anyways (I'm getting off on a tangent again) at the end of the post, I included a gratuitous picture of Megan Fox naked, getting out of the water in Vancouver, because it somehow popped up when I was searching Tim Hortons (did I erroneously type 'muff' instead of 'muffin' in the query box?)

Well let me tell you folks, that was far and away the most popular post I've ever written. Perhaps coinciding with the release of the Transformers movie, I'm getting like hundreds of hits a week from all over the world by google searchers looking up 'Megan Fox topless'.

And in some instances, looking at the time spent on page -- sometimes one minute, to a minute in a half -- it makes me wonder if someone had ever stopped on slinginlingo.com and... EWWW!!!

I want to make it clear, I do not condone the shooting-off of toilet paper children to this here blog. Just take the picture, save it to your desktop and get outta here.

Shit, I have kids, man. (Editor's note: I do not have kids.)

At the end of that post though, I said more people would be interested in the Fox shot.

I feel it is time to say, I told ya so.

She do look good though.

1 comment:

KOTN said...

But I have kuds. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to say "I have kids man", just say

"Kent has kids man, and he says I can use them to gain moral leverage."