Sunday, October 25, 2009

shelia - atlas sound

Last Friday, I had tickets to a show and didn't wind up getting to the venue until late, meaning I missed the first two bands. I wanted to check the concert out because I've been wearing out a couple of Deerhunter albums for the past six months and I wanted to see what Bradford Cox's other band -- Atlas Sound -- was like. Unfortunately, I missed them, since work ran about a zillion hours longer than I was expecting. I was a little bummed at not seeing the band, but c'est la vie, right?

And I was feeling great today until I decided to look up some songs by the band I didn't see and now I'm thoroughly depressed because I can't stop listening to these beautiful songs and would have loved to have heard them live the first time.

And I probably would have told the man to eat a hamburger or a steak or something too.

No comments: