Monday, October 26, 2009

they're out there... for real

I just returned home -- and straight to bed -- after a nice 14.5 hour work day, featuring a commute to and from the North's puppet-master headquarters, Ottawa.

It was my first trip to the nation's capital, but unfortunately I didn't get to experience much of it, as I spent the entire day on a roof and top level of an 11-floor building. Did peer over the edge of the building and have a look down the canal and imagined what it must be like to skate to work each day, as I've heard the story told.

Perhaps I'll get a better look at the city tomorrow, since I'll be heading back again for work, bright and early at 6:30 a.m.

One interesting thing that's flashed back to me from the brief visit though was the image of a company's logo, emblazoned in bold, flashy orange on a building we passed on our drive to the worksite. The stone building was modern, with large windows, looking like a headquarters for a tech company, or perhaps even the site of an upscale car dealership.

Now I thought all the talk recently in newspapers about the marches and all the facebook groups that had popped up about the day-long gatherings were jokes, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's all part of some conspiracy.

I ask this because the company's name was Brainhunter. I did a search and apparently it's the world's biggest online job search engine (I was recently poring the internet for weeks searching for work and never once stumbled upon Brainhunter.)

Here is a link to the site. (Try and tell me that guy isn't logging onto the internet to try to find the nearest helpless brain to stick his fangs into.)

I want a background on all Brainhunter's Corporate Directors and if any of them have died in the past 20 years, I think we should have them locked up.

I think all the pro-zombie treatment in the media are making these brain-sucking leeches too comfortable. I know we all elected a good number of lifeless vegetables who are now sitting in the House of Commons in Ottawa and even more far-gone specimens in the Senate, but is this company's brazen openness a sign of a larger movement afoot, like some sort of zombie think-tank forming, bolstered by all the zombie appreciation sites and sympathy from the general public?

Just got a call from one of my supervisors. It appears I will be spending the next few days and nights in Ottawa. Sounds a little fishy. I may have to bring my rifle. (I don't really own a rifle, but you know, you have to talk like that, in case there are any around.)

Judging from the way I feel though, I think they may have already gotten me. I'm guessing it probably happened when I took a couple minutes and ate my disgusting KFC meal in zombie-like fashion, staring at my feet cross-eyed, with drool falling from the corner of my mouth.

1 comment:

doubledeuce said...

Now I know the other reason why you love Megan Fox - you're soul mates!
These are her words (Google it if you don't believe me):

"I'm horrible to live with. I don't clean. My clothes end up wherever I take them off. I forget to flush the toilet. Friends will tell me, "Megan, you totally pinched a loaf in my toilet and didn't flush."