Sunday, February 28, 2010

big day

Been a busy week or so. Work. Work. Work. Organized a little writer's group that went really well Thursday night (more on that later.) Stress. Stress. Stress. Even got the ball rolling on trying to do some stand-up in the next couple weeks. Pumped. Pumped. Pumped.

But that's not important. What's important right now is the hockey game in a half-hour. The Patch sent me an email, asking me to blog about a line he heard in a country song, which went something like "I'll hate myself in the morning/but I'll be loving you tonight." While I don't have anything ground-breaking to write about that line, I will say that the lyric kind of sums up my feelings about what I'll be doing today when I wave our Canadian Flag. I hate Crosby. I hate Pronger. I hate Iginla. I'll hate myself tomorrow morning, but I'll be cheering for those three douchers today.

Sidenote: This is the biggest game of Luongo's career and I'm more nervous about what today's outcome will do for the Canuck's season and LOOUUUUUU's career. If he wins, he is no longer a guy who has won nothing and he is free from that stigma. He might start playing some carefree and inspired hockey and this could totally rejuvenate him. If he loses, he is still a loser and I bet he spirals into shitiness as the season wears on. This game has gigantic ramifications on the Canuck's season and short-term future, so I have way more invested in today's game than I normally would.

Alright folks, let's hope for the best.


JOE SAAAAAA-KICCCCCCC!!!!!

No comments: