Saturday, May 1, 2010

game 1 round 2: vancouver 5 - chicago 1




Just a few cliffnotes, because I don't want to perpetuate a jinx.

Bobby Lou is back. He seems to have regained the good old mojo. He's tracking the play and swallowing rebounds like his past self. He's not trying to be more than a goaltender right now. I'm a confident in my boy again...

Loved the Hank Sedin snow shower on Niemi early on in the first. Mr. Art Ross has a sense of history.

Also enjoyed that Burrows started lipping off Keith, just like he went after Doughty right away in Round 1.

While I still hate Scott Oake and can't understand how the players don't punch him in his 'chic' black spectacle-wearing, spiderweb combover head, I must say that I really enjoyed the CBC's build up to the game tonight.



That's it. That's all I'm going to say...


(Maybe the only thing that rivals Joel Bouchard's hair is Joel Quenneville's moustache.)

Thoughts?



Saw the last two periods at le Station des Sports, amidst the Mayweather-Mosley fight. Still can't believe this was a bigtime, hyped fight because everyone knew Mayweather was going to mop the canvas with Mosley.

One question I had: So Michael Buffer gets paid like $10,000 to basically say "Let's get ready to rummmmm-bbbblllleeee" at these fights. And I suppose I'm okay with that, seeing that both fighters made millions and the "Let's get ready to rummmmm-bbbblllleeee" got everyone excited about the fight at the sports bar, but how does Mr. Buffer get away with using cue cards at these events? That's just unprofessional.

Dude, you're getting paid 10gs to list off a couple of sponsors, the heights, weights and hometowns of the boxers and then the "Let's get ready to rummmmm-bbbblllleeee." Are you really that dense that you need cue cards to remember that shit?

Come on, now.


1 comment:

Jung said...

that little brother jam brought back so many memories...

Damn