Wednesday, May 12, 2010

montreal game 7

I think they're already shutting down St. Catherine. Tonight is going to be wild. Jersey Shore wild. Blacked-out-Ronnie-post-fight-with-Sammy-Sweetheart-multiplied-by-J-WOWW-on-her-period-wild. Yeah!!

Hopefully the Habs win, so the cops will be less aggressive and hate-filled when the rioting starts. (I always wondered what it would be like to be one of these post-game riot cops. You don't get to watch the game and you have to deal with a bunch of drunken knuckleheads who don't like you. No wonder why they're so angry.)

Don't worry though, mom. Going down as an objective observer. I am a former-journalist, remember.

Yes, the flow of humanity has started. It's the first decent, sunny day in a week and everyone is talking "tricolores." Red shirted Montrealers are flooding into the downtown. I went salmon-style on my way home to grab some jeans. Can't watch a game at the pub in business casual. That's not keeping (Mont-)real.

Apparently they sold out $10 tickets to the Centre Bell to watch the game on the Jumbotron in four hours yesterday.

A guy at work is on shaky ground because he's missed so many days of work due to "illness" after Habs games this playoffs.

This has been quite the run. No matter what happens, it has been a time. This team is playing playoff hockey, for better or worse. They're blocking shots. They're riding a hot goalie. It's a nice contrast to the Canucks team I've spent nearly a month fretting over. I swear, that team is going to kill me. It was ugly. I have a lot to say about them, but nothing that hasn't been said a zillion times already -- and by myself none the less. Only guys who looked like they gave a crap consistently were Edler, Raymond, Wellwood and Grabner. The Sedins got shutdown by Keith and Seabrook. Erhoff and Samuelsson played well for the most part. Bernier wasn't as bad as everyone made him out to be. But Demitra better be on the way out of town, and hopefully Bieksa isn't far behind. I wouldn't mind if they made him a forward, but he is so mistake-prone, I have mini-shits every time he is on the ice. Luongo wasn't as bad as he was made out to be either, but he's got to ditch the 'C' and concentrate on being a netminder.

I'm depressed, but Chicago is a good team, as much as I hate them.

Man, I was excited about the game tonight but now the Nucks have me bummed.

I'm just going to go to bed.

(Yeah right...)

No comments: