Sunday, May 10, 2009

folk on the rocks 2009 line-up

Now I didn't go to the trade show this weekend -- although suggestions to attend the annual event permeated nearly every conversation I had the past two days -- and so I'm not particularly sure what FOTR's booth looked like and whether they were announcing any performers.

However, a little conversation with me ma got me wondering who would be coming North to swat mosquitos in the sand from July 17 - 19 this year and a little google sleuthing got me these:

Sam Roberts Band
Oh yes! After months and months of prodding a friend who is involved with the festival, she finally told me about an hour before it was annouced at the Elliott Brood show in April.

Royal Wood
I can't wait to see this guy. Stumbled upon "I'm so glad" a couple months ago on a CBC Radio 3 podcast and am so glad I did. This has been announced on the festival's website.

T. Nile (with Joanna Chapman-Smith)
(FOTR weekend is listed on T. Nile's myspace page and Chapman-Smith's website)

Kobo Town
They have been announced on the festival's website.

Forest City Lovers
(FOTR is listed on the band's website)

SWANK
They have been announced on the festival's website.

No comments: