Tuesday, May 12, 2009

game 6 round 2: vancouver 5 - blackhawks 7

So I apologize for the delay, for all those who wanted to see me cry or be a big whiney sore-loser on here.

Actually, I just couldn't bring myself to do this, and really it's not because of what happened Monday night in Chicago. 

(And for those want me to be the big sucky baby, sorry, not happening, but it's by no fault of my own. Trust me.)

I was a little choked from watching the game Saturday night with a lot of haters -- you know the types that don't really care and just steam ya about everything just to get a rise -- and because it really pissed me off, I turned Game 6 on in the basement (well downstairs, not the basement because they don't exist in Yellowknife with the hardrock foundation)  and watched it by my lonesome.

And you know what I did, I started writing a running diary of the game -- an homage to Bill Simmons, the guru.

And it helped me deal with my butterflies. I thought it was kind of funny, and it was an interesting read after, because it mimicked completely the roller coaster ride I was on, as the Canucks took the upper hand, then crapped it away, then took the game back, then crapped the bed, with what felt like 50 changes in momentum.

I cursed Mats Sundin. I apologized completely for bashing him. I praised Roberto Luongo. I asked who murdered Roberto Luongo after the second period and replaced him with a greasy pizza guy. I spoke about how much I hate Patrick Kane. I spoke about how much more I hate Patrick Kane. I got wisdom from my dad after the second, and broke down at the end of the game.

After the third period from hell, feeling beaten up, I walked upstairs dreading the inevitable roommate lurking to harass me and proceeded to connect to the internet, as there is no wireless downstairs.

But apparently, after all the typing and fuming, the laptop must have overheated, and it froze. Not unlike the Canucks...

Yep, 3 hours... squandered... squared...

I left the Crapbook upstairs, hoping it would cool down overnight. Nope. 

Hoped maybe if the battery ran out, I could hook it back up to power and that would kick start it back up, after work today. Not a chance.

And so I booted it back and up and it's lost and I'm recapping the run thusly.

I have nothing more to say and I don't want to repeat what I've already written so I'll say I feel about the lost post like I do the Canuck's season.

There's a lot of good to remember, but I wished it was still there.

The playoffs are dead to me now.

On another note, at least I have a life again... kinda sorta

No comments: