Thursday, January 7, 2010

awesome band name #5,675

Just got home to see the Canucks put a whoopin' on the Desert Dogs. Man, those Sedins are magic. Love 'em. They're still so underrated too. I told a friend Hank was leading the league in scoring the other night and he replied: "Really?" I think these guys will get their due once the world sees them light it up at the Olympics.

Anyways, on the walk home tonight, I passed a sex shop called la Capoterie, which had, as a logo, a smiling condom, which in turn made me think of an awesome French band name: les capotes innocentes.

If you think about it, a condom never did anything to anybody. But what happens to it? It gets fucked and then thrown in the trash.

Just sayin.

From an awesome French band name to an awesome French band. I'd put this song up there in the top five or so songs I've ever heard in my life and remember listening to it the first time on my couch, with my dad of all people, on a lazy Sunday. We both didn't talk for the whole five minutes, except maybe at the three minute mark or so when my dad turned to me and said, "this is a pretty good song."

Here it is, in all it's glory.

Tassez Vous De D'la -- Les Colocs


And if you liked that, here's a live version for your aural pleasure.

1 comment:

mathlord said...

you got "the lazy sunday" from tim and eric. hacky sack extreme.