Sunday, January 31, 2010

chinese cornrows?

Went downtown today to purchase some respectable pants and a belt to wear to my new job tomorrow and ran into an interesting couple, leaning coolly against the walls of the Metro stop.

Now I've seen Asian dudes with small afros and dreadlocks before, in my past life as a Japanese tour guide. And it didn't strike me as odd one bit. But today, while his girlfriend defiantly -- and again, coolly -- smoked a cigarette in the subterranean building, I was graced with the presence of a Chinese guy wearing a poorly-fitting New Era cap over some impeccably braided cornrows.

Yes, cornrows. I couldn't stop staring.

I felt it was very... er... post-modern.

This city never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Did you know that that you can make cash by locking premium areas of your blog / site?
To start you need to join AdscendMedia and embed their Content Locking tool.