Monday, January 18, 2010

why we love conan

I've been following the ongoing drama between NBC and Conan O'Brien and Jay "Snake in the Grass" Leno for the past few weeks and while I rarely watched Conan on the Tonight Show -- and thought it wasn't funny the few times I did -- I do sympathize with him just a tad.

I know, I know. Dumb right? The guy makes tens of millions to talk to famous people. Why should anyone care about this, when people are nearly killing themselves in desperation for food in Haiti?

That's a good point.

I don't really care. Especially since Conan will reportedly receive a $40 million buyout on Friday when he leaves the network.

While I do feel he never got a fair shake and his show was doomed to fail from the outset due to his appeal to a younger audience and not the old timers who swoon over Leno, I can't honestly write anything more about it because really, the story is a distraction from the real things that are happening in the world.

But...

If you need a little picking up, here are some classic Conan sketches.

Three reasons why I love the guy.


Hit the link if the video doesn't load

No comments: