Thursday, January 21, 2010

it's hot... it's fire

It might as well be spring out here. The sidewalks are visible, the snow piles on the shoulders of streets are hard and chunky after thawing and freezing and thawing and the poor, poor squirrels are running around everywhere, crazy and confused, just trying to find a nut in the middle of winter.

I went out and played some hockey with my roommates the other day, but the weather was too nice and the ice was so soft it could barely keep itself together. It was a riot though, teaching my Lebanese roommate the ins and outs of ice hockey. She's actually a natural and has good instincts... well except for the time she skated into the net, leaned back to regain her balance until the large, regulation net started to teeter forward and fall and she ducked her head just before the three-inch thick crossbar came down on her face and would have took her teeth out. She laughed the whole time.

Still on the grind, whoring and what not, in the search for travaille. It's... er... going... I'm feeling like I'm a high school drop-out or something, sac de croustilles!!!! (Sac de croustilles is a French cuss I made up. Try it, it works. It means bag of chips.)

I'm starting to feel like one of those poor, poor squirrels, chasing that nut, buried deep below piles of snow. The similarities go right down the bushy face.

But self-pity aside, and in light of the temps, I'd be remiss to share this Lupe Fiasco track, which puts a little jump in my step every time I leave the apartment in the morning.

Even though the Enemy of the State mixtape -- and this track -- were released in 2009, I'm declaring 2010 the Year of Lupe.


No comments: