Tuesday, September 16, 2008

damn, i must be getting old

This kid Stevie played ultimate with us for a month or so. He's a weird little dude, and I called him a whole bunch of nicknames... Stevie Wonderkid, things like that.

Anyways, one time, I called him Steve Urkel. Expecting a reaction, and getting none, I said it again. Again, nothing. He just looked at me.

Oh, that zany Urkel...

Then it dawned on me, he had no idea who Urkel was. Of course, he's only like 12 or something. And I realized I must be getting old, when Urkel is a dated reference. This is how old people must feel when they say they aren't able to communicate with youth these days.

What's going on, Old Man Urkel?

And now I realize something else, looking at that picture of Jaleel White...

FUCK! I kind of look like Urkel! Brutal.

No comments: