Thursday, September 4, 2008

most wonderful day of the year

Folks, the excitement is building... 

We are a mere five sleeps from the greatest day of the year. No, it's not a birthday, or Christmas, or Halloween, or anything else Hallmark would have a card for... (Although they should. I'd show up at a buddy's house with one...)

September 9 marks the release of the latest installment of EA Sports' NHL series... NHL 2009.

Unfortunately, I do not return to Yellowknife -- and an XBox 360 -- before the 19th, so that should give some of you (read: Kev) a chance to build up some much needed confidence and get some practice in before Daddy SweetThumbs (am I allowed to self-nickname? Sir Score-a-lot? Dr. Kev Kill? Annihilatatron?) returns to reestablish his dominance with a tyrannical reign of beatdowns, shutouts and mid-game-pause-and-resets-because-the-game-is-so-out-of-hand... eh? eh?

I do have a beef, though: Phaneuf is on the cover. 

Dion Phaneuf has 45-minute conversations with rocks.

I've never been so in love with something that has such a horrific and unpalatable appearance.

It would be like a girlfriend coming back from a week long vacation with a Mike Tyson-style facial tattoo. Or being covered in feces or ebola or something... I'll get over it, but I might cringe as I take it out of the packaging.

One other thing. The official trailer kind of pisses me off.


Awesome! Phaneuf lays out the Twins twice, and the Canucks look like a bunch of flunky jabronies... 

At least now, I think we can officially kill the long held (and baseless) conspiracy theory from bitter Oilers/Flames fans that Canucks players' ratings are inflated because the game is made in Burnaby, BC.

No Canucks fan would ever endorse Dion Fanook doing something like this. 

I need something to cheer me up...


Ahhh... much better....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this means you're blogging any less i'm gonna break your goddamn thumbs...

you can press the space bar with your tongue for all I give a fuck

Oil Can Boyd said...

breaking my thumbs might save erik some money

Markus said...

Oct 4 is still the real Day of the year. 12pm EST, even though its 2 american teams, its still the first game of this season. Tampa vs the rangers.

Markus said...

ps. the only reason you think the cunucks are any better then the leafs is because they have luongo.
Your in denial. they are in the same league. the part of the league that doesnt make the playoffs.