Tuesday, August 19, 2008

arrr mateys (in a phlegmy voice)!

The last 24 were nuts, but now, I sit at home, excited about the next 48. 

A perk of the job, I must say, is being able to accompany Canadian Forces on a Canadian Arctic Sovereignty exercise on the Arctic Ocean.

(clearing throat)
Ta de 'igh seas, I go. Ta roam de icy waters, laughin' along Baffin Isle, searchin' fer booty, leavin' all them scurvy land lovers, and the like, aaerrrrr....

This will be my home from tomorrow morning until Thursday: the Coast Guard's Pierre Radisson Icebreaker.

Things will definitely be cool on the ship. No need to worry about 'breaking the ice'. Oh yeah!

And this will be my home from Thursday to Friday: the Canadian Forces' HMCS Toronto.

Kind of looks like that boat from Under Siege (or was it Under Siege II?)

I know, I know. I'm there to work. (and eat... I heard Coast Guard food is delectable... seared elk with asparagus?)
Yes, I'll be working. Chasing down officers (I was going to say seamen, but that just doesn't sound right), and interviewing military personnel.
But you know, I'm thinking sometime Thursday, when there's nothing going on, I'll sneak out onto the bow, and when no one is looking, climb up on the rail, and take a nice look around and yell...

..."who's that weird looking Italian dude beside me?!?!?!?!?"

I shall post a purty picture or two upon my return.

Ahoy, hoy!

Herbiberous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, I will never get any work done, but thankfully you blog about as often as you used to go to Poli Sci 201 in first year.

XO