Monday, August 18, 2008

'a grown man can separate lust from love' (edited August 23?)


I know I pimped Wale's 'Mixtape About Nothing' a couple weeks ago, but I've been wearing it out on my iPod the last week or so and want to pass on these wise words to all you non-hip-hop heads out there, who may not listen to the lyrics. 

Cool definition of what love is.

From The Grown Up:
Girl listen/tryin to position/myself as a prominent figure/fatherlike, I know what's right for ya/sisterlike, I know what to buy for ya/brotherlike, at times I might fight with ya/but motherlike, never can deny my lovin'

I can't find a link to the track, but here is where to get the entire album.

Note:
Maybe I'm listening to my tunes too loudly, because the love language might be seeping through the apartment. Either my neighbours are doing some late night home reno hammering, or practicing their speed-metal bass drum, or they are makin' loorve...

I hope I don't run into them in the hall tomorrow and they're in their eighties. 

You must be at least this old for a mustache ride

That would be love... and disturbing... and -- I'm not going to lie -- impressive, considering the speed with which the pounding was taking place.

EDIT (AUGUST 23@!#$^#*$&^#*$(*#$&):
"Hey! It's the best kept secret!"

As if someone out there in that cosmos had heard (in html) my rants about not being able to find the track, it was posted the next day... Weird! (I've always known that these little co-inky-dinks are proof there is meaning in life.)

Here it is, folks. In all it's glory, what I have been ribbed about:


I hope you all enjoy. If you do, let me know.

And there you have it/you can have it if you wanna have it/I wanna make havin' it a habit

No comments: