Saturday, August 9, 2008

Proof that man is an adaptable creature


To rebut all those creationist crazies running around out there, I have two pieces of evidence proving that man is an extremely adaptable creature and, therefore, a product of evolution:

1) since moving back to Yellowknife - and the long, frigid winters - after school, my chest hair situation went from non-existant (except the lone, long stragglers around my nipples) to sporadic tufting, in under a year; and

2) after less than a month in Iqaluit, I find myself waking to a sunny, +6 morning in early August and walking to work, thinking "what a beautiful summer's day." A month ago, if I'd believed I could ever be capable of feeling that way, I would have put a cigarette out on my nards and ate a handful of toenails (I have no idea why... Just seems like a sadistic punishment for masochistic thoughts.)

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Two personal anecdotes that show how much of a creation creationism is.

PS. I might be going a little bonkers, but a lot of girls have been walking around town in gumboots the last couple of weeks... and looking pretty damn sexy. Yes, ladies, you're downright foxy in kneehigh rubbers. Keep it up.

Just had to wade in on that one...

Herbiberous

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY a guy who thinks that gumboots are attractive. I used to wear them all the time but aside from repelling water, they also repelled dates (but kept wearing them anyway :-).

Anonymous said...

+6 in the morning in Iqaluit, being on the arctic ocean, is actually a warm morning.
your sense of weather gets heightened to a point where you know the temperature to a tee.
and you dont mind wind because you know its not going to be buggy
-mac sleezy