Thursday, August 28, 2008

tv's boring. turn on the radio

Outside of baseball and a few shows right now (the Office, Mad Men, Daily Show, Colbert) I'm not finding anything entertaining on the tube these days...

I spent a month without TV (and actually wasn't missing it, to tell you the truth) earlier this month and I started listening to radio again, specifically podcasts. One I'm really into is the Sports Guy, Bill Simmons', B.S. Report.

It's funnier than pretty much anything on TV right now. You can listen to it while you cook (in my case, make sandwiches). The sports fans reading this will be into it (even though there is nary a mention of hockey). And he always tips off good shows, youtube clips and things of that nature. (ie. Mad Men, and The Two Coreys -- which might be the peak of unintentional comedy.)


If you want a sampling, I'd suggest the 7/22 episode with comedian Adam Carolla, where the ins and outs of the Karate Kid, the Rocky 'septilogy', horrible movie cliche scenes and Chris Rock's celebrity baseball debacle are discussed at length.


"One's going north and south, the other's to and fro..."

I feel like I could listen to a conversation about movies like this for an hour every day... That's just me...

No comments: